|Pup 'N Iron E- News |
- NEW APRIL/MAY SCHEDULE
- SPRING OBEDIENCE & RALLY RUN THRU SCHEDULE
- SPRING WORKSHOP SERIES
- PRIVATE BEHAVIOR COUNSELING
- CANINE TRAINING DAY SCHOOL ACADEMY
- FLEXIBLE TRAINING PROGRAM
- C-WAGS OBEDIENCE & RALLY TRIALS MAY. 31 & JUNE 1, 2014
NEW SCHEDULE, NEW GREAT CLASSES!
At Pup 'N Iron, our goal is to enhance the relationship and bond you have with your dog. That's why we strive to bring the newest and most innovative classes and programming to the Stafford/Fredericksburg community. We are very proud of our April and May class schedules as they include a brand NEW class called FIND MINE! as well as three of the innovative classes we introduced in February that we are happy will be continuing. These classes are fun and will improve your relationship with your dog. ADDITIONALLY, beginning in May, our Level 3 classes will begin a DOGGIE FIELD TRIP class in the weekly line up (Saturdays. 11:30am). Class will meet in different off-site locations (local parks, local stores, dog-friendly restaurants/hotels, etc) to put all the skills they've learned into practice in the REAL WORLD!
1. FIND MINE! (Scent Work) - A dog's ability to use his nose is something innate that doesn't have to be taught, only reinforced. So this is actually the easiest class you could ever take and suitable for ALL dogs at ALL levels! This class will introduce participants to the basic concepts of beginnng scent discrimination, and the scent you will teach your dog to find is YOU! That's right, you'll be teaching your dog to find your own human scent, something that is unique, free and always available and can be expanded to the scent discrimination in advanced competition obedience as well as Search and Rescue!
2. FOUNDATIONS FOR DOG SPORTS - Dog sports are some of the most fun activities to participate in with your dog. Who doesn't watch agility, rally, nosework or competition obedience and think to themselves, "can my dog do that?" The answer is YES! Most dogs can be successful in competitive sports with the right foundation skills. This class introduces and improves skills such as targeting, distance work, off lead work, attention, focus and impulse control - all necessary skills to be a successful sports team
3. COMPETITION OBEDIENCE: ATTENTION, FOCUS & HEELING - Whether you are in Beginner Novice or Utility, heeling, footwork, attention and focus is essential in competitive obedience. This class will introduce drills that will help you hone those skills and raise your scores.
4. MIGHTY MITES SMALL DOG MANNERS & SOCIALIZATION - Training a small dog can indeed be challenging, and don't let anyone tell you any differently. Learn how to approach training and communicate with your little dog that will help him be more successful in class. Social time with the wee ones is also included.
For more information about class times and fees, please visit our Class Schedule page or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Prepare for the upcoming spring trials and shows at our
SPRING 2014 OBEDIENCE & RALLY RUN THRUS
Click HERE for schedule and registration information.
It's so easy to get in a rut and suffer from the winter doldrums during these cold months. Our SPRING WORKSHOP SERIES
offers some wonderful opportunities for you to get out with your dogs and work on improving skills and strengthening your relationship:
- CRUCIAL, COMMON-SENSE & CUTTING-EDGE CONCEPTS IN DOG TRAINING w/IAN DUNBA
- PERSONAL PLAY WITH YOUR DOG
- BRAVE - BUILDING YOUR DOG'S CONFIDENCE
- COMPETITION RING PREP
Crucial, Common-Sense & Cutting-Edge Concepts in Dog Behavior & Training
with Dr. Ian Dunbar
This seminar covers a collection of diverse concepts and topics that Dr. Dunbar considers to be crucially important for raising and training dogs to be good-natured, well-behaved and reliable off-leash including motivation for on-demand, extreme off-leash reliability in an otherwise happy-go-lucky (off-duty) dog, plus techniques for eliminating lack of compliance and undesirable behavior without having to resort to aversive means.
• Effective Instruction & Motivation for Reliability when Off-Leash, at a Distance and without the Continued Need for Training Aids
• Non-aversive Alternatives (to Punishment) for Inhibiting and Eliminating Undesirable Behavior and Effectively Dealing with Non-Compliance
• Motivation for Speed, Precision & Pizazz
• Shyness, Standoffishness, Wariness, Fearfulness, Reactivity & Aggression Towards People and Other Dogs and Techniques to Accelerate Classical Conditioning
• Treatment of Preventable and Predictable Behavior Problems
Click the link above or here for more and registration information.
BRAVE! BUILDING YOUR DOG'S CONFIDENCE
SATURDAY, APRIL 26
11:30AM - 1:30PM
It's easy for a dog to build up fears and phobias of the unknown however it is difficult to live with a dog that is easily "spooked" or wary of new things. Join us for this 90 minute workshop that will include tips and exercises you can implement into your dog's training program to introduce and/or acclimate him to new things.
VIP MEMBERS: $10
CLICK HERE FOR REGISTRATION FORM
CLICK HERE FOR ONLINE REGISTRATION AND PAYMENT
PERSONAL PLAY WITH YOUR DOG
SUNDAY, APRIL 27
12:00 - 2:00pm
Playing with your dog might seem like an odd class to take, but actually learning more effective ways to incorporate personal play in your relationship can really motivate your dog and jump start your training program! This 90 minute interactive workshop promises to be fun for both you and your dog. All you need is a willing dog, some tug toys, and high value treats and let the fun begin!
VIP MEMBERS: $10
CLICK HERE FOR REGISTRATION FORM
CLICK HERE FOR ONLINE REGISTRATION AND PAYMENT
COMPETITION RING PREP
Sunday, May 24, 2014
Sunday, June 15, 2014
12:00PM - 2:00PM
There are multiple unexpected things that can happen and go wrong when you enter an obedience, agility or competition ring. This workshop sets up many of these scenarios so you can practice, acclimate and counter condition your dog (and you) to be able to manage these occurrences relatively stress free. Join us for this 2 hour interactive workshop where you will get to play audience, annoying visitor, judge, steward and participant. Bring your dog's crate and everything you would have with you at a trial, and let's get busy recreating that environment.
VIP Members - $20
WORKING SLOTS ARE LIMITED, SO REGISTER EARLY. CLICK HERE FOR REGISTRATION FORM.
CLICK HERE FOR ONLINE REGISTRATION AND PAYMENT.
C-WAGS (Canine Work & Games)
Obedience & Rally Trials
Saturday & Sunday, May 31 & June 1, 2014
C-WAGS is a fun, reward-based dog and handler team sport that encourages communication and team work. It is a bit different than "traditional" obedience in that more interaction between the dog and handler is allowed. The emphasis in C-WAGS is on providing a fun, more relaxed environment that will be less stressful to both dog and handler. We will be offering 2 Rally and 2 Obedience Classes on both days, enabling teams to earn titles in one weekend! Come have great fun with your dog, putting the skills you've practiced all year to the test!
Click HERE for Premium and registration information.
PRIVATE BEHAVIOR COUNSELING & LIFE COACHINGNot every dog is appropriate for the group class environment. Some dogs have special needs that are better addressed in one on one consulations in which you will have the counselor's undivided attention and sole focus on you and your dog. These consultations can be in person in your home, at our facility and even over the phone and online. We have all different options available to fit all different budgets. For more information, email Laurie C. Williams CPDT-KA, training & behavior director at email@example.comPUP 'N IRON DAY SCHOOL TRAINING ACADEMYGone all day? Dog home alone? What if you could drop your dog off in the morning, and your dog would receive a full day of training, exercise, and interactive play and socializationwith people and other dogs? Well, look no further, you can do that in our Day School Training Academy, held Monday through Thursdays every week at Pup 'N Iron. This is so much more than just doggie daycare. In this program your dog will get to experience our positive, dog friendly training methods in a much more interactive and controlled environment where he will work on basic manners, impulse control, and even dog sports with our experienced dog trainers. Plus he'll get plenty of exercise, play and stimulation, leaving him fulfilled and ready to go home when you pick him up! Sound too good to be true? That's what we do at Pup 'N Iron - provide the absolute best for you and your dog!
CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION
CLICK HERE FOR ENROLLMENT FORMFLEXIBLE TRAINING PROGRAMSure, attending class with your dog once a week is better than nothing, but what would happen if you only sent your children to school once a week? Would they receive as good of an education or learn as much as they do going 5 days a week? Of course not! Well dogs are no different. The more you can train them around the distraction of other dogs in an environment different than your home, the more they will learn and the more successful and reliable they will be. That's why at Pup 'N Iron we are the ONLY training facility in the area to offer a program which allows you to attend classes with your dog multiple days per week. Our Flexible Training Program offers classes in levels ( 1, 2, 3) , depending on your dog's skills, and your dog moves up levels as he masters new skills. Each level is offered 3 times a week, and you can attend as many of those classes per week as your schedule allows. Attend one, two or all three all for the same price! And even better, enrollment is rolling, so you can start whenever you're ready, and since class is held multiple times per week and each dog is on his own track, you never have to miss a class again!
CLICK HERE FOR MORE ENROLLMENT INFORMATION
Pup 'N Iron Canine Fitness & Learning Center
21 Perchwood Drive, Unit 111
Fredericksburg, VA 22405
Pup 'N Iron
Copyright Pup 'N Iron LLC 2014