NEW SCHEDULE, NEW GREAT CLASSES!
At Pup 'N Iron, our goal is to enhance the relationship and bond you have with your dog. That's why we strive to bring the newest and most innovative classes and programming to the Stafford/Fredericksburg community. We are very proud to introduce some great, innovative classes on our February schedule. These are classes offered for the first time in this area and Pup 'N Iron has them: 1) TRICK DOG CLASS, 2) DOGGIE GYM/INTRO TO DOG SPORTS, 3) DOGS NEEDING SPACE/REACTIVE DOG CLASS, and 4) PERFORMANCE PUPPY. These classes are fun and will improve your relationship with your dog.
1. TRICK DOG CLASS - Our Trick Dog class is designed to be a fun and rewarding relationship building class for you and your dog. Everyone loves tricks! And your dog loves learning them too because it's all done through positive reinforcement and clicker training. We will start out with beginning skills like spins, shake, high five, take a bow and rolling over and then progress to more challenging skills in preparation of dogs earning Trick Dog titles through Do More With Your Dog (www.domorewithyourdog.com). This 6 week class is for dogs of all ages, sizes and levels. BEGINS MONDAY 2/23 at 8:00pm
2. DOGGIE GYM/FOUNDATIONS FOR DOG SPORTS - Dog sports are some of the most fun activities to participate in with your dog. Who doesn't watch agility, rally, nosework or competition obedience and think to themselves, "can my dog do that?" The answer is YES! Most dogs can be successful in competitive sports with the right foundation skills. This class introduces and improves skills such as targeting, distance work, off lead work, attention, focus and impulse control - all necessary skills to be a successful sports team and gives dogs a chance to try out each sport to see which ones they excel at! BEGINS THURSDAY 2/26 at 8:00pm
3. DOGS NEEDING SPACE/REACTIVE DOG CLASS - Is your dog a nightmare on walks? Does he/she lunge, bark, growl and/or whine when he/she encounters a dog or stranger? This is the class for you! In this 6 week program we concentrate on helping you come up with strategies to manage your reactive dog. You will learn relaxation techniques and protocols, increase your dog's focus on you, and learn how to be proactive so that you can be your dog's best advocate. BEGINS TUESDAY, 2/24 at 7:00pm
4. PERFORMANCE PUPPY- Do you have goals for your puppy such as agility competitive rally and/or obedience, flyball, or even aspirations for him or her to be a therapy dog? If so, geting your puppy started early on the road to forming a working relationsip with you is paramount. This 6 week course is for puppies 12 weeks to 9 months of age and will feature a variety of skills such as:
• Focus and Impulse Control
It's Yer Choice Learning Games
• Motivated stays
• Tug Games
• Retrieve Games
• Targeting Games
• Body awareness work
• Directed movement games
BEGINS THURSDAY, 2/26 at 7:00pm
For more information about class times and fees, please visit our Class Schedule page or email firstname.lastname@example.org
CROSS PAWS℠ CANINE FITNESS PROGRAM
Canine obesity affects nearly 50% of dogs in the U.S. and most dogs don't even come close to getting the amount of exercise they really need. Well, Pup 'N Iron to the rescue! We have developed this innovative canine fitness program to help your dog truly achieve optimal health and fitness. We tend to forget that dogs were actually originally bred to perform work (run, chase, hunt, swim, retrieve, guard, herd, etc) all day long, and yet today, most dogs are lucky to get an evening walk, a trip to the dog park once or twice a week, or a game of fetch in the backyard daily. And even if your dog is lucky enough to attend doggie daycare a few days a week, playing with another dog is definitely fun and will tire your dog out, but just like humans, a dog's body will grow accustomed to the same activity day in and day out. Cross Paws = cross training for dogs. In this program your dog will experience cardiovascular, muscular strength and endurance, and flexibility exercises to improve his overall health and wellness.
Designed by a dog training, behavior and fitness professional.
Click here to find out more about how your dog can benefit from Cross Paws.
Prepare for the upcoming spring trials and shows at our
WINTER 2015 OBEDIENCE & RALLY RUN THRUS
Click HERE for schedule and registration information.
It's so easy to get in a rut and suffer from the winter doldrums during these cold months. Our WINTER WORKSHOP SERIES
offers some wonderful opportunities for you to get out with your dogs and work on improving skills and strengthening your relationship:
Performance Puppy Training Party
(For puppies 12 weeks - 9 months)
Sunday, Feb. 1 - 12:00 - 2:00pm
Sunday, March 1, 12:00 - 2:00pm
Come and train your performance puppy in a safe and secure environment. Play on our platforms, Fit Paws balls, wobble boards, planks and more! Work on impulse control, training games, and even some puppy to puppy interaction if you want. 2 hours of relationship-building fun!
All puppies must show proof of immunizations to attend.
Cost: $10 per puppy
Space is limited so email email@example.com to reserve your spot.
SIZE MATTERS - TRAIN YOUR SMALL DOG WITH CONFIDENCE
COMPETITION RING PREP
12:00PM - 2:00PM
There are multiple unexpected things that can happen and go wrong when you enter an obedience, agility or competition ring. This workshop sets up many of these scenarios so you can practice, acclimate and counter condition your dog (and you) to be able to manage these occurrences relatively stress free. Join us for this 2 hour interactive workshop where you will get to play audience, annoying visitor, judge, steward and participant. Bring your dog's crate and everything you would have with you at a trial, and let's get busy recreating that environment.
VIP Members - $10
WORKING SLOTS ARE LIMITED, SO REGISTER EARLY. CLICK HERE FOR REGISTRATION FORM.
CLICK HERE FOR ONLINE REGISTRATION AND PAYMENT.
C-WAGS (Canine Work & Games)
SADIE HAWKINS Obedience & Rally Trials
Friday, Saturday & Sunday, Feb. 13-15, 2015
C-WAGS is a fun, reward-based dog and handler team sport that encourages communication and team work. It is a bit different than "traditional" obedience in that more interaction between the dog and handler is allowed. The emphasis in C-WAGS is on providing a fun, more relaxed environment that will be less stressful to both dog and handler. We will be offering a total of 6 Rally and 2 Obedience Classes throughout the three days enabling teams to earn multiple titles in one weekend! ALSO we will be offering a SADIE HAWKINS Zoom 1.0 Fun Run to be run by a family member or significant other. Come have great fun with your dog, putting the skills you've practiced all year to the test!
Click HERE for Premium and registration information.
PRIVATE BEHAVIOR COUNSELING & LIFE COACHING
Not every dog is appropriate for the group class environment. Some dogs have special needs that are better addressed in one on one consultations in which you will have the counselor's undivided attention and sole focus on you and your dog. These consultations can be in person in your home, at our facility and even over the phone and online. We have all different options available to fit all different budgets. For more information, email Laurie C. Williams CPDT-KA, training & behavior director at firstname.lastname@example.org
PUP 'N IRON DAY SCHOOL TRAINING ACADEMY
Gone all day? Dog home alone? What if you could drop your dog off in the morning, and your dog would receive a full day of training, exercise, and interactive play and socializationwith people and other dogs? Well, look no further, you can do that in our Day School Training Academy, held Monday through Thursdays every week at Pup 'N Iron. This is so much more than just doggie daycare. In this program your dog will get to experience our positive, dog friendly training methods in a much more interactive and controlled environment where he will work on basic manners, impulse control, and even dog sports with our experienced dog trainers. Plus he'll get plenty of exercise, play and stimulation, leaving him fulfilled and ready to go home when you pick him up! Sound too good to be true? That's what we do at Pup 'N Iron - provide the absolute best for you and your dog!
CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION
CLICK HERE FOR ENROLLMENT FORM
FLEXIBLE TRAINING PROGRAM
Sure, attending class with your dog once a week is better than nothing, but what would happen if you only sent your children to school once a week? Would they receive as good of an education or learn as much as they do going 5 days a week? Of course not! Well dogs are no different. The more you can train them around the distraction of other dogs in an environment different than your home, the more they will learn and the more successful and reliable they will be. That's why at Pup 'N Iron we are the ONLY training facility in the area to offer a program which allows you to attend classes with your dog multiple days per week. Our Flexible Training Program offers classes in levels ( 1, 2, 3) , depending on your dog's skills, and your dog moves up levels as he masters new skills. Each level is offered 3 times a week, and you can attend as many of those classes per week as your schedule allows. Attend one, two or all three all for the same price! And even better, enrollment is rolling, so you can start whenever you're ready, and since class is held multiple times per week and each dog is on his own track, you never have to miss a class again!
CLICK HERE FOR MORE ENROLLMENT INFORMATION
Pup 'N Iron Canine Fitness & Learning Center
21 Perchwood Drive, Unit 111
Fredericksburg, VA 22405
Pup 'N Iron
Copyright Pup 'N Iron LLC 2015