|We know it's tough for pet parents to leave your loved ones at home alone or confined to a crate for long hours with little or no social interaction or activity. For you, we offer Pup 'N Iron™ Dog Day Care and Social Learning Program .... the area's premier professional dog day care and social learning facility, managed by professional dog trainers and behavior specialists. Here your dog will not only have room to play and interact with his canine friends in our state-of-the-art facility - the only one of its kind in the Mid-Atlantic region, but will be able to enjoy a variety of educational and fitness activities throughout the day as well. Our floors are covered wall to wall with 3/4" sports matting to protect your dogs feet and decrease the chance of injury from slips and falls. Here you will have peace of mind while your dog has the opportunity for professionally supervised, safe and positive dog-to-dog and human interaction, exercise and fitness in our one-of-a kind warm water 8x20 foot hydrotherapy pool, Jog-A-Dog treadmill designed specifically for dogs, as well as additional innovative programs like our Day School Training Academy and our individualized Cross Paws Fitness Program. We make no bones about it.... our day/play/fit care is NOT "no frills." To the contrary we offer frills, frills and more frills for the discriminating pet parent who wants the very best for his/her! Bar none, Pup 'N Iron is the Fredericksburg area's most innovative dog activity and fitness facility.|
We are not your average "dog day care?"
*Pup 'N Iron's dog daycare and training academy is run under the direction and supervision of Laurie Williams CPDT-KA, a nationally recognized trainer and dog behavior counselor and former VP and board member of The Association of Pet Dog Trainers (the largest professional pet training organization in the world). Laurie implements her extensive experience working directly with dogs and studying canine behavior and pack instinct. Our doggie daycare isn't an after thought. It's a top priority!
IS DAYCARE RIGHT FOR YOUR DOG?
Dog daycare is NOT "one size fits all" but rather is a very unique environment that must be matched to the individual dog's temperament, sociability and needs. And that's why we are the only daycare in the area that offers different options of daytime and social learning programs to fit every dog's individual needs. If you are looking for a place where your dog will just be thrown in with a large group of dogs and allowed to act on his/her impulses all day, Pup 'N Iron is not that place! At Pup 'N Iron each dog's daycare experience is individualized, and as the area's leading dog daycare experts, we can help you select the best daycare option for your dog.
Our Daycare Options:
Small Group Play and Interaction
Structured interactive activities
Structured "Fit Care" Cross Paws Fitness Program
Day School Training Academy
COME FIND OUT WHY WE'RE THE NUMBER ONE DOG DAY CARE RECOMMENDED BY AREA VETERINARIANS!
|FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS|
Pup 'N Iron™ Day Care is supervised by Laurie Williams, a Certified Pet Dog Trainer with over 30 years of canine behavior education and training experience.
Hours: 6:00am - 7:00pm
- Pre-Enrollment Temperament Screening. (Must be dog and people friendly with no signs of food aggression or resource guarding.) PLEASE NOTE: There is a non-refundable $25 temperament screening fee* that must accompany all day care enrollment applications. Completed applications and fee must be submitted prior to your dog's pre-enrollment screening. The enrollment screening takes approximately 20-30 minutes where you remain with your dog while we assess his behavior and reaction to different situations and environments. Once your dog pasts the temperament screening he/she can move on to the next step, a full orientation day. *Your pre enrollment assessment fee may be applied to the cost of your dog's orientation day.
- During the Orientation Day we carefully monitor your dog as he/she is introduced and integrated into the full daycare experience. Your dog is given the additional management and attention to ensure the smoothest and most positive transition and integration into the pack.
- You may pre-pay your temperament screening fee online.
- 12 weeks old and up - All Puppies must have had at least 2 of their Distemper/Parvo Boosters and a bordetella vaccination.
- Free of any communicable disease - Completed Health Certification from your Veterinarian Required Prior to First Visit
- All dogs over 7 months of age must be spayed or neutered.
- Proof of current on vaccinations. Distemper and Parvo within past 12 months. Bordetella within past year (Titers Tests are acceptable).
- Free of fleas and ticks. Following a veterinarian approved flea preventative regimen preferred. (Frontline, Advantage, Revolution, etc.)
- Minimum Commitment - At Pup 'N Iron it is our goal to provide the absolute safest and best environment for your dog to play in. Dogs do better when they are in a predictable, familiar environment and surroundings. We have found that dogs thrive together when they have acclimated into the pack, are familiar with each other's play style, and know the routine. This ensures a low stress, positive experience. Therefore we require a minimum commitment of one day per week for all our daycare dogs. Sporadic drop-ins are strongly discouraged. For your convenience we have Pre-Paid Punch Card plans that offer a significant discount for our frequent visitors!
(Effective Jan 1, 2018)
|Weekday Rates||1st Dog||Each additional dog/ same family|
|Orientation Day (Your dog's first day)||$45||$25|
5 Visit Punch Card
-Valid 6 Months from Date of Purchase-
|Prepaid 10 Visit Punch Card |
-Valid 6 months from Date of Purchase-
|Prepaid 20 Visit Punch Card |
-Valid 6 Months from Date of Purchase-
** Holiday Periods 2017/2018 : Dec. 23, 2017 - Jan. 2, 018; Easter (March 30-April 2, 2018), Memorial Day (May 25 - May29, 2018), 4th of July (July 2-5, 2018),
Labor Day (Aug. 31 - 4, 2018), Columbus Day (Oct. 5-9, 2018), Veterans Day (Nov. 9-12, 2018), Thanksgiving (Nov. 21 - 26, 2018), Christmas Dec. 21, 2018 - January 2, 2019)
**Unused portions of daycare cards may be redeemed for credit toward other Pup 'N Iron services
IF YOU'D LIKE TO SET UP A TEMPERAMENT EVALUATION, PLEASE FILL OUT THE FORM BELOW