|We know it's tough for pet parents to leave your loved ones at home alone or confined to a crate for long hours with little or no social interaction or activity. For you, we offer Pup 'N Iron™ Dog Day Care and Social Learning Program .... the area's premier professional dog day care and social learning facility, managed by professional dog trainers and behavior specialists. Here your dog will not only have room to play and interact with his canine friends in our state-of-the-art facility - the only one of its kind in the Mid-Atlantic region, but will be able to enjoy a variety of educational and fitness activities throughout the day as well. Our floors are covered wall to wall with 3/4" sports matting to protect your dogs feet and decrease the chance of injury from slips and falls. Here you will have peace of mind while your dog has the opportunity for professionally supervised, safe and positive dog-to-dog and human interaction, exercise and fitness in our one-of-a kind warm water 8x20 foot hydrotherapy pool, Jog-A-Dog treadmill designed specifically for dogs. Make no bones about it.... our day/play/fit care is NOT "no frills." To the contrary we offer frills, frills and more frills for the discriminating pet parent who wants the very best for his/her! Bar none, Pup 'N Iron is the Fredericksburg area's most innovative dog activity and fitness facility.|
We are not your average "dog day care?"
*Pup 'N Iron's dog daycare and training academy is run under the direction and supervision of Laurie Williams CPDT-KA, a nationally recognized trainer and dog behavior counselor and former VP and board member of The Association of Pet Dog Trainers (the largest professional pet training organization in the world). Laurie implements her extensive experience working directly with dogs and studying canine behavior and pack instinct. Our doggie daycare isn't an after thought. It's a top priority!
IS DAYCARE RIGHT FOR YOUR DOG?
Dog daycare is NOT "one size fits all" but rather is a very unique environment that must be matched to the individual dog's temperament, sociability and needs. And that's why we are the only daycare in the area that offers different options of daytime and social learning programs to fit every dog's individual needs. If you are looking for a place where your dog will just be thrown in with a large group of dogs and allowed to act on his/her impulses all day, Pup 'N Iron is not that place! At Pup 'N Iron each dog's daycare experience is individualized, and as the area's leading dog daycare experts, we can help you select the best daycare option for your dog.
Our Daycare Programs & Activities:
Small Group Play and Interaction
Structured interactive activities
Structured "Fit Care" Cross Paws Fitness Program
Day School Training Academy
COME FIND OUT WHY WE'RE THE NUMBER ONE DOG DAY CARE RECOMMENDED BY AREA VETERINARIANS!
|FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS|
Pup 'N Iron™ Day Care is supervised by Laurie Williams, a Certified Pet Dog Trainer with over 30 years of canine behavior education and training experience.
Hours: 6:00am - 7:00pm
- Participation and Completion of a minimum of Phase I in our Day School Training Academy
- 12 weeks old and up - All Puppies must have had at least 2 of their Distemper/Parvo Boosters and a bordetella vaccination.
- Free of any communicable disease - Completed Health Certification from your Veterinarian Required Prior to First Visit
- Proof of current on vaccinations. Distemper and Parvo within past 12 months. Bordetella within past year (Titers Tests are acceptable).
- Free of fleas and ticks. Following a veterinarian approved flea preventative regimen preferred. (Frontline, Advantage, Revolution, etc.)
- Minimum Commitment - At Pup 'N Iron it is our goal to provide the absolute safest and best environment for your dog to play in. Dogs do better when they are in a predictable, familiar environment and surroundings. We have found that dogs thrive together when they have acclimated into the pack, are familiar with each other's play style, and know the routine. This ensures a low stress, positive experience. Therefore we require a minimum commitment of two days per week for all our daycare and academy dogs. Sporadic drop-ins are strongly discouraged.